1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread (come up with your own stupid name)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 24, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Good point.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that's one in nearly 20,000 posts. (Damn, that's closing fast). I guess I'll make my second one around the time I catch BYH.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My vote for a thread title is "The Texans Try Out A New Kicker."

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There are so many bad teams in the NFL right now there is a large chance you would still get a shitty game. What happens if the NFL takes the Lions off and put Cleveland, Oakland, Kansas City, Buffalo, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Miami, Houston, New York or Tennessee on?

All those teams suck.

Let the Lions have their game. Besides, they won four straight in the late 90s and provided some memorable moments.
    The win against the Steelers in OT (coin toss game)
    Dropping 55 on the Bears (Barry Sanders juke)

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Primtime games, are great, the NFL game never screws them up. I'm sure most NFL fans love the mediocrity of Carolina and Miami was great. Same with Ravens - Browns.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't mind having the Lions and Cowboys on every year. Bad games or not, it seems a part of the holiday tradition. They've added a night game already. That's enough change. And whenever the NFL tries to set up good matchups, it usually backfires.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that Miami, Houston and Tennessee actually do .suck

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, but the matchup in theory was better. Plus, I don't even remember that game. I honestly couldn't tell you the last memorable Thanksgiving Day game.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The "matchup in theory" idea is what I was referring to in my previous post. Scheduling games before the season starts, you never know what's going to happen. That's why you get so many shitty MNF games. The Sunday night matchups are usually pretty good because they can be switched to accommodate better games, but even then you get some bad games. The Bears have been on Sunday night three times this year, bu they sucked in every game, and the games themselves were all pretty ugly.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why does America's Team hate America?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-flagflap&prov=ap&type=lgns

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And sometimes you have a great matchup, but one of the teams just lays an egg. That is what happened with Eagles-Cardinals last year. It turned out to be a preview of the NFC Championship game, but the first time around Arizona just turned in a stinker.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Seattle doesn't belong in the same shit bin with Oakland and Cleveland, sorry. They've started five guys at left tackle this season and have four guys on IR, including two Pro Bowlers and a future Hall of Famer.

Draft saved Draft deleted