1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread (come up with your own stupid name)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perhaps another turkey was thrown into the equation?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Or they could have taken the turkey out of the oven, but dropped it three feet from the table...

[​IMG]

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Last year's night game sucked. The Eagles kicked the shit out of the Cardinals.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Until they start treating the Turkey Day games like real primetime games, they're going to suck. I understand the Cowboys always playing, but they always play suckass teams. The Lions need to be taken off until they prove to be a competent franchise and deserving of a national TV game.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My vote for the name of this thread is, "I'm Still Alive in my $3,600 NFL Survivor Pool."

6. mb

mb Active Member

Sure, you've got the normal candidates, guys who you think are valuable, but you can't really prove exactly how valuable they are to their teams. And then you've got one man who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is, in fact, the NFL's Most Valuable Player. That man .....

is punter Brett Kern.

Denver Broncos, with Kern: 6-0
    Denver Broncos, without Kern: 0-4

Tennessee Titans, without Kern: 0-6
    Tennessee Titans, with Kern: 4-0

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or they could have tried to carry the turkey from the oven to the table, but it their wrist snapped along the way.

[​IMG]

(This isn't actually from Mr. Glass's latest injury. There were just so many shots of him with trainers to choose from.)

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kin?

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

I still say the key to the Titans' turnaround was the donation they made to the Allegheny Valley House. they are 4-0 since they made peace with the charity that receives profits from the sale of Terrible Towels. (And yes, I am going to keep posting about it at least until they lose again).

10. outofplace

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09328/1016069-66.stm

Another week, another special teamer hired off the street by the Steelers.

These have to be happy days for Zag and the other Steelers anti-fanboys around here. Hines Ward said the coaches deserve some of the blame for the loss to Kansas City Sunday. The defensive backs claimed they never got the play call on the 61-yard pass to Chris Chambers in overtime, for which Mike Tomlin supposedly ripped them in his weekly press conference today. Left guard Chris Kamoeatu will not play this week and a rookie free agent who can't seem to pick up a blitz will start in his place against the Ravens.

But hey, Tyler Palko and Rocky Boiman are coming to the rescue!

Edit: Make that two new special teamers. They also signed former Ravens' cornerback Corey Ivy. I'm wondering if that is directed at giving Townsend a push as much as aiding the special teams, though I wonder how much a guy who was cut by the Browns in training camp can help.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09328/1016069-100.stm

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You Steelers dooshes post regardless, so the days can't be that good around here. :D

12. outofplace

Well, we could just post about Jay Cutler some more.

Draft saved Draft deleted