1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dabo gonna fuck around and make me root for Notre Dame in the ACC championship game.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He shouldn't have said that, ESPECIALLY before it's clear whether or not an outbreak was in the offing.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fox picks up San Jose Sate-Boise State for 1 p.m. PST window Saturday. Wow!

maumann and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

In general, I like Dabo. But his continued mishandling of multiple issues related to COVID is troubling.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Does Blue Turf beat the Blue Screen of Death?

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

BYU certainly has the flexibility to schedule one of these "other" G5 unbeatens for a Dec. 19 game. Not sure that would be enough to get the Cougars into playoff consideration, but what do they have to lose?

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There is no way any of those four teams with the schedules they have can prove they are worthy of one of the four sports in the championship.

It sucks, but beating Syracuse, Kansas, Va Tech or the other Sisters of the Poor and Daughters of the Weak can’t get you in. BYU might have a slight case.

This is a year that screams for a 16-team playoff, but COVID.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Two things here:
    1) I didn't know the Apple Cup had been canceled. But apparently it has been.
    2) Washington won't have enough games to make the tournament, and they're going to make sure the committee knows BYU declined.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect that BYU would far rather try for Oregon or someone of that ilk. I wouldn't mind a BYU-Cincy/Marshall match if it could be made, although the schools would be leery of the cost of losing. It would certainly be the easiest way to add some SOS in attempt to impress the committee. Then when the winner was passed over in the P5 Invitational I could be extra snotty about it.

maumann likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Every other sport holds a tournament. In college football as it is now, any team that does not start out on the preseason Top 25 has a steep hill to climb. As 2020 has illustrated, ranking teams that haven't played a single game based on last season's performance and the theoreticals of recruiting is bogus. The problem is that preseason Top 25's are great filler before the season starts, and you can sell magazines based on them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    sgreenwell and I Should Coco like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FSU coach Mike Norvell this morning: “Football coaches are not doctors. Some of us think we are.”

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Tuesday morning kickoffs!

Draft saved Draft deleted