1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 College Football: Give 'em the Axe, or Floyd of Rosedale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Boise would be a nice fit in football. And that's it. I don't think they've got much else in any other sport, and they're not a good fit academically. If the Pac-10 were to expand, I'd venture a guess that the first two offers would be made to Utah and BYU -- big schools, decent national following, good enough across the board athletically that they would add something to the conference.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For anybody with CBS College Sports, the replay of the Mississippi Meltdown is on now. There's about 4 minutes left in the third quarter, so all the good stuff will be on in the next 45 minutes or so.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I've said it for years, Les Miles is one of the most overrated coaches in any sport anywhere.

He is terrible.

His teams never seem to be organized, they take bad penalties, they make dumb plays and even the year he went for a thousands times down the stretch and won a national title, I thought a number of his decisions, he was extremely lucky to get away with.

And that two-loss national champion team was a fraud that couldn't stop anyone down the stretch.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Boise State was turned down by the Mountain West a couple of years ago because its athletic department---other than football---is in not-so-great shape. No way in hell does it have a shot at a spot in the Pac 10. The MWC took TCU instead.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I can see your point. Maybe then find a way to at least have Boise, TCU, Nevada and Fresno State in the same conference.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We went through this a couple of months ago.
    The Pac-10 is NOT going to expand for any other reason than to increase TV exposure.
    That means Texas.
    Teams in Idaho and Utah are NOT going to help raise TV exposure, period.
    Stop speculating, stop wishing and hoping.
    Adding any of those teams means they have to share their revenue 12 ways instead of 10 ways. That isn't going to help pay for women's water polo.
    So just forget it.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

We get a lot of that in these parts with delusional Southern Miss fans who somehow think they're going to wave a magic wand and finagle an invite to the (pick one) SEC, Big East or ACC. What they should be doing is anything they can to make sure Conference USA survives, because if COOSA goes belly up, USM's next stop is the Sun Belt.

Draft saved Draft deleted