1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 College Football: Give 'em the Axe, or Floyd of Rosedale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 19, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Colorado hanging with Okie State.

Big doings out here is that wins by Oregon and Oregon State Saturday set up a Civil War for the Rose Bowl. That would be pretty big.

Otherwise the sked this week has a serious case of the blahs.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ohio State fans I know are worried about the Michigan game. I mean, I know Buckeyes aren't literate, so I know they haven't read about Michigan. But geez, have they even seen Michigan play this year?

3. DanOregon

I realize it's Michigan, but they've got the Rose Bowl locked - there isn't a way for them to move into the BCS game, why not just enjoy a stress-free weekend.

I was just about ready to write off Colorado, but they just ran back a kickoff for six.
    Now if only they could get a running game going.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Oklahoma State's QB is out, which means the Cowboys are playing this game without their top three players from last year (Robinson, Bryant and Hunter).

5. DanOregon

And Colorado is playing WITH it's quarterbacks. I'd like to see Hawkins get another year, but he needs to show some growth since he took over, and the Buffs don't seem like they are getting better.

6. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

After the fiasco that was the John Cooper years, there is no such thing as a stress-free week when playing "that school up north."

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So I looked through the lines and found nine games I like. Only problem is....they're all laying a TON of wood. All but one -- Notre Dame -- is laying double digits.

This can't be good. And it surely will not end well.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

WFW

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not a fan of Albom, but he nailed it today.

http://freep.com/article/20091120/COL01/911200348/1319/Should-Ohio-St.-game-be-a-Waterloo-for-Rich-Rod?

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Must...learn...correct...usage...of...quote...function....

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

LSU at Ole Miss should be fairly interesting. Two teams headed in opposite directions, just as they were last year.

Were this game a month ago, I'd say LSU wins handily, but not now. Again, the game will be for the Cotton Bowl.

If Ole Miss wins, Oklahoma State somehow slips into the Fiesta Bowl and Texas Tech beats Oklahoma and Baylor to finish third in the South, does that mean the Cotton gets Ole Miss-Tech again? I suppose they could take Nebraska if they win the North, but the good folks in Dallas (if you've ever covered that game, you know what I mean) have to be tired of getting the Red Raiders or Huskers every year ...

Draft saved Draft deleted