1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the AFC is a three team race between the Broncos, Chiefs and Colts. Maybe the Patriots could get into that mix, but I doubt it.

In the NFC, I don't think any team in the East is a serious contender. I don't think any team in the North is a serious contender unless Rodgers gets back soon and immediately starts playing like his old self. That leaves the 49ers, Panthers, Seahawks and Saints.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. You never know what can happen year to year with other teams and what personnel a certain team might sign or let go. You say that, I assume, to mean that you think the Colts will add pieces and get better over the next year or two. So will other teams.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Denvers defense is why they are not an overwhelming favorite to win it all.

There are no truly great teams, it is as wideopen as it has ever been.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

“@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Peyton Manning is not at practice today with the Broncos (ankle).”

I imagine this is just for precaution?!

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would think on a 1-to-10 scale of the importance players put on being at practice, Peyton Manning scores a 478.

Sounds like something's up. Maybe not something that will keep him out, but something anyway.

6. Mizzougrad96

It is not uncommon at all for a quarterback, especially one who is dinged up, to skip Wednesday's practice. It means nothing.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm curious what people think about the Roethlisberger trade rumors.

I can't imagine the Steelers getting too much for him at this point, but if the Niners can get two No. 2s for Alex Smith, what can the Steelers get for Roethlisberger? What would be the most likely landing spots?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A jail cell in Georgia, otherwise I don't care.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. Mizzougrad96

I wouldn't want him, but maybe a team like Houston or Chicago would see him as an upgrade. He's said he would retire unless it's an unbelievable deal, so I doubt they'd be shipping him off to the Raiders or Jaguars. I don't see any obvious landing spot.

11. Mizzougrad96

I could actually see him retiring.

It could be posturing, but I'm inclined to believe the Rooneys.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, you get plenty of upsets in baseball, basketball and hockey, too. Even the invincible Miami Heat have lost a couple of times already. But because there are soooo many more games, they don't seem as significant.

Draft saved Draft deleted