1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If the Patriots get one of the two bye seeds (by no means better than a 50-50 proposition given their inconsistencies), they will be AFC champions. They eviscerated Denver's defense twice in 2011 when said defense was excelling in all other games. I agree about the Chiefs. Teams with the stout defense and error-avoidance strategy often make the playoffs with excellent regular season records. Then they lose 13-10.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/with-16-regular-season-starts-kaepernick-isnt-where-some-thought-hed-be/

Nick Foles has competing numbers with fewer starts and a weaker supporting cast.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wait till the Trent Richardson sex tape hits the market if you want to talk about embarrassment.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They also beat the Broncos, Seahawks and 49ers. The Saints lost to the Jets. If you use that logic to figure out who the favorites are, your head will start spinning.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

I don't look at that bullshit - I'm looking at the talent on the field.
    And the Rams effectively exploited their known weaknesses.
    Same that have existed since the start of the season.

6. Mizzougrad96

So it's settled... The Rams are going to the Super Bowl.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

Don't be a smart ass like the other fucks on this thread.

8. Mizzougrad96

That's the thing about the NFL. You often get outcomes that nobody sees coming, especially when you're starting a quarterback who most teams aren't overly familiar with and haven't scouted properly.

The Rams destroyed the Colts on Sunday, but on Monday morning, the Colts are still a favorite in the AFC and the Rams are still going nowhere this season.

That's why I enjoy the NFL more than college football. The outcomes are much harder to predict.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

The Rams have a few interesting pieces on defense.
    You just have to watch the games and not be wrapped up in fantasy BS to see it.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

Here's what Irsay just tweeted:

ColtsFans...Ed Reed signs,goes to WR,with limited special packages for WR plays; backs up safety n plays some role n return game/Yes-no?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Amid a 16-game season, a few mulligans can be expected here and there. Sometimes, a crap-ass team like the Rams will actually exceed the hype and, by the time the Colts wake up, it's too late. Happens.

Looking at the totality of the season to this point, I still like the Colts coming out of the AFC.

12. Mizzougrad96

The Broncos should be overwhelming favorites to win it all, but I think Manning's playoff history is the reason why they're not. That's completely understandable and fair. It also doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

My mind might change if KC proves it has the kind of defense that can carry a team to victory over other top teams. They have a great defense, but I don't think it's on that level.

I think the Colts are a year or two away, but it wouldn't stun me if they made it.

Draft saved Draft deleted