1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 College Football Thread: 'Bama's trap game scenario

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

the parlay is a huge sucker bet, but if you're just doing it for fun, it's great.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

yep, 20 for 800.

a month ago i hit a 5-teamer (25-1) that paid 625. ended the week up 400.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is a huge sucker bet but a two-teamer (which is 2 1/2 to 1) is possible to hit (in other words, a six teamer you need to be lucky, a two-teamer, if you research well and pick your spots, you can hit them) and it can help you get back in the game so to speak.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Two-teamers pay 13-5 in most adult communities . . . still a shaved price, but
    frequently useful, especially in situations where
    the side-and-total results are likely to be correlated.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Saints killed me yesterday in every way imaginable. Down to my last $10.... of my 2009 bankroll, when the Cardinals picked off the Seahawks. Then the Patriots covered and all my props came in. Up $150 and still alive for another week.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

13 to 5?

Every bookie around here gives 2 1/2 to 1 which I guess would be 12.5 to 5 so we get a little less than you. But it is still a helpful bet because there is no juice on a parlay.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My guy puts 20% on every bet, straight or parlay. Perhaps that's why the 6-teamers are 40-1.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yeah... and that's not to say Mizzou isn't getting some of the talent. Gabbert and Maclin come to mind as perhaps the most highly-touted prospects. I wouldn't be surprised if Aldon Smith had four or five stars, either.

My point was Mizzou's success the past three seasons has hinged upon its ability to take those middle-of-the-road prospects and develop them into really, really good players.

Danario Alexander is yet another example. Dude's on the verge of breaking every single-season record Maclin set last season.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

NFL scouts are worthless! After all, some 7th round players have better careers than #1 overall picks!

Draft saved Draft deleted