1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Seriously, my initial thought was, that's it?

If he choked him he did it for about 3 seconds. Ask Bill Romanowski what he used to do under piles. It isn't right, but it is definitely part of the game and not at all surprising to me.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I saw this last night. It was very interesting. The biggest development was the neurologist who says he is in the early stages of being able to diagnose CTE in living patients, as he did with Dorsett. At least now guys don't have to blow themselves away in the chest to get the diagnosis.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Packers are working out Flynn. Perhaps is Wallace tanks.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Heard on the radio today that the Packers aren't interested in Flynn any longer. They're concerned about his arm strength and think his arm may be hurting. I haven't bothered to read anything to confirm that, so take it FWIW.

On another note, RGIII just made a hell of a throw on 3rd-and-goal to get the lead back.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kordell Stewart tells radio station he isn't gay. Apparently it's coming up again now because his wife, who is on Real Housewives Of Atlanta, says they're divorcing because he is.

http://www.myk104.com/dede/kordell-stewart-denies-gay-rumors/

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wonderful. I get to not give a damn about his personal life all over again.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Vikings looked pretty good in a 34-27 win over Washington on Thursday.

After allowing Washington scores on its first five possessions, defense shuts them out the rest of the way and gets four sacks on Robert Griffin III. Offense scores on every possession of the second half except for a kneel down to run out the clock at the end of the game.

Minnesota is still having problems with zone coverage and tackling people, but the offense has been pretty efficient the past three weeks, moving the ball steadily downfield with a mixture of runs and passes.

Christian Ponder was having a good game until the late in the third quarter when he hurt his shoulder diving toward the end zone and getting hammered by DeAngelo Hall. The hit looked far rougher than the one Aaron Rodgers of GreenBay took the other night. Left game and didn't return. Matt Cassel came in, got a touchdown and two field goals and didn't screw things up. Adrian Peterson pretty quietly has taken over the league lead in rushing yards and is on pace for around 1,500 yards despite the team trailing more often than not and having to throw more than it would like.

If the Vikings played this way every week, they'd be a 7-9 or 8-8, maybe 9-7 team. We've seen teams have horrible first halves of seasons and bounce back to mediocre finishes. I don't think it will happen with this bunch given the difficulty of the schedule ahead. And I really don't want it to obscure the major problems that need fixing and make management think all is fine, when there are major holes to be filled.

But still, when you're 2-7, any win is nice.

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Flynn reports pretty much everywhere now. My guess is he gets signed Monday morning if Wallace lays an egg.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Flynn probably knows the Packers' offense even better than Wallace does.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he was one of those guys who I was surprised when his career went downhill so quickly after he signed with Philly. I'm never that surprised when it's a defensive lineman who signs a monster deal and then never does anything of note again.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Husband and wife make a bet on the outcome of a football game. Stun gun goes to the victor.

One is a Packers fan, the other roots for the Bears.

And yes, the police make a guest appearance:

http://www.wiscnews.com/bdc/news/local/article_0c1853b0-84e4-5f07-92df-d415eaaff170.html

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

From the article: "After the game the two walked back to the semi-truck that they call home"

Draft saved Draft deleted