1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Nov 5, 2013.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

PFT reporting Rodgers out 4-6 weeks which I think most people thought was the case.

I'm going to bet he returns the week after Thanksgiving. Playing in that game would be short of 4 weeks, it seems like the obvious thing to do is sit him and give the long week off between that game and the next one.

So the question becomes this: Eagles, @Giants, Vikings, @Lions. How many of those games can Green Bay win without him, for a Dec. 8 return vs. Atlanta at home?

I think 2 would be considered a great achievement. You also have to wonder if they do win 2, do they need him at home against the Falcons?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think a lot will depend on how the team does in his absence. Obviously, you don't want to rush him back for any reason, but if they win the next two and are in decent playoff position (even as a WC) maybe you give him an extra week or two to make sure he's ready for the playoffs... Obviously, a lot of what ifs there...

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Says two guys who probably would have given their left nut to work for the CSM rather than crappy county papers.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Holy hell his career dissolved seemingly overnight.

Reason?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Kerry's an insatiable freak and now he's too tired to play football?

Just a guess.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are worse reasons to go out ;)

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ha. It really was my lifelong dream of mine to work for an organization I'd never heard of until recently. One of my biggest regrets. I hear the benefits are amazing.

I wonder if Percy Harvin is looking for an assistant to run his Facebook and Twitter accounts?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know why he thinks I live in a crappy county. I like my county!

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe this deserves its own thread, but I'll post it here first: Hall of Famers Tony Dorsett & Joe DeLamielleure and former All-Pro Leonard Marshall have all told ESPN's Outside the Lines they have been diagnosed with CTE:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9931754/former-nfl-stars-tony-dorsett-leonard-marshall-joe-delameilleure-show-indicators-cte-resulting-football-concussions

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

more outliers

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler cleared to play Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9940507/jay-cutler-chicago-bears-practices-first-injury

Draft saved Draft deleted