1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Nov 5, 2013.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Packers have found a run game behind Lacy (although it helped they were playing against a patchwork Bears defense, which parted like the Red Sea at times).

Lifelong Bears fan, but with the injuries both they and the Packers have piled up, this might be Detroit's year. Especially if they win in Chicago on Sunday.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Like I said, the Rodgers injury doesn't apply, but yeah, go ahead and gloss over words at your liking.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

What is this about? Totally missed this.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Last season, the Packers lost 83 games by starters due to injuries, most in the NFL. Washington was second with 75 games, followed by Dallas with 71.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We're just speculating based on Flynn's history, Wallace's ineptitude and the fact that Flynn got his walking papers from Buffalo yesterday.

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I believe they also led that stat in 2010.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree that Flynn probably can't handle the pressure of being a regular starter, but he wouldn't be that in GB. He would just need to fill in and hopefully not lose every game, two of which are against shitty opponents. I know he's almost two years removed from it, but in theory, he should be more familiar with McCarthy's offense than he was in Seattle or Oakland.

Granted, I don't think any of the options the Packers have at this point are good ones...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The 49ers always raved about Tolzien, who looked very good in his limited preseason duty. I'd rather see him than Wallace.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, that's an interesting one. I read something recently that said that Tolzien had the chance to go somewhere and be on the active roster, but opted to stay in Green Bay and get a raise to stay on the practice squad. It seemed strange unless they made him some kind of promise that he was the backup of the future...

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not so strange when the chance was to sign with the Browns.

11. Mizzougrad96

Probably a fair point...

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Looking ahead, here's how I see things shaking out for Green Bay. If Rodgers is out 3 games, they go 1-2 beating Minnesota. That puts them at 6-5 going into Detroit with Rodgers possibly back.

I think they'll lose either to Detroit or one other random game (at Dallas maybe). That's 6 losses. I see them at 9-6 heading into the week 17 game at Chicago which will almost surely be flexed to prime time. They don't get any bigger than that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted