1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Nov 5, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

It's Week 10 in the NFL.

The marquee game this week is Carolina at San Francisco.

Others include a Lions-Bears showdown in a matchup of what could be the top two teams in the NFC North now that Rodgers is hurt, Broncos vs. Chargers and Cowboys vs. Saints.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sonner ...

Bob Condotta
    ‏@bcondotta
    Pete Carroll says not counting on Percy Harvin playing this week.

Granted, Bob Condotta works for the Seattle Times and not the Christian Science Monitor, but this is concerning to me as regards Harvin's Week 7 availability.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But has he indicated anything recently via Twitter? I don't follow him anymore.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Monday night game from a train wreck sort of perspective. Just too bad they can't invite the Jaguars and make it an all Florida cage match.

And the once 0-6 Giants could find themselves a game and a half out of first in the NFC East with home games coming up against the Aaron-less Packers and then the division leading Cowboys.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not sure if it made it to the other thread, but Aaron Rodgers is out for at least three weeks, according to Schefter...

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

You can fork GB. At least three weeks means 5-6. If he came back after that it would be on a short week at Detroit which seems doubtful. They're probably 5-7 by the time he's able to play again. They were something of a skeleton crew with him, but suddenly they're the Jaguars.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Giants and Vikings are still winnable games, even without Rodgers. Not guaranteed, but I've got to imagine with a week of work, Wallace is much better than hew as yesterday. I'm not willing to call them the Jags quite yet. (Here's where losing Cobb really hurts. The wrinkles he can add to your offense by lining up anywhere - wrinkles they don't really need with Rodgers slinging it - would come in handy with Wallace in.)

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I don't think the Packers are done... They can definitely win at least one of the next three and they're all winnable. I'm not saying I would predict that they will win at Detroit on Thanksgiving, but it's definitely possible.

I picked the Bears to win the North before the season. If Cutler plays this weekend and they beat Detroit, that would seem to be very possible.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I really question what's in the water in GB. The training staff/philosophy needs to be examined. Rodgers was a textbook shoulder injury, but it seems like it's a yearly thing now where they are just decimated by injuries. The frequency of them sure seems beyond coincidence.

10. Mizzougrad96

PFT has thrown out Vince Young and (gasp) Tebow as possible replacements for Rodgers.

It will never happen, but you have to love the Favre rumors.

11. Mizzougrad96

Eh, teams have years where they get unlucky. It just happens that this year, the Packers and Falcons, two of the favorites to at least make the playoffs, have been hit really hard by injuries. To the Packers' credit, they're still in the mix despite it, but losing Rodgers for any period of time will be tough...

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

They should get Tebow if they want their best chance at Jadeveon Clowney.

Draft saved Draft deleted