1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

More trickerations by Mangini. He's not naming a starter for Monday night's game against Baltimore. Oooooh, is he a sly one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4637730

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For the situation he is in now, someone needs the thread that bears his name.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Who's that guy?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously LJB. You need to fix that thread title.

Regarding Mangini's little games, how will the Ravens ever prepare now? They are losing a whole day or two that they could be preparing to face the shitty pocket passer or.....the other shitty pocket passer! I truly feel for the Browns fans who will have to watch that debacle at the hands of their former franchise.

I know Patriots-Colts will get the hype. It even has its own thread! But Steelers-Bengals might be a bigger game, just because the AFC North title is probably on the line. I don't see Pittsburgh making up the ground if Cinci takes a one-game lead with a season sweep head-to-head.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'll post this and zip my lips.

It's the 19th anniversary of Derrick Thomas' 7-sack game.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's too bad he needed eight that day

7. 93Devil

Ygbfkm, ygbfkm.

It's Joe Walton.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I know who it is. I was just making light of the "Who's Jim Zorn"? responses around here when his hiring was announced.

9. 93Devil

I know. I could not resist.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Since at least one Steelers fan is already posting, I'll bring this one up now regarding the Steelers-Bengals game. Is it just me, or does Pittsburgh look better defending the run with Keyaron Fox at inside linebacker in place of Lawrence Timmons? He was outstanding in the opener against the Titans and last night.

I'm thinking with the Bengals likely to give the Steelers another healthy dose of Benson, it might be best to start Fox and leave Timmons in a passing down role similar to what he played last year even if his ankle is healthy enough for him to return to the lineup. Thoughts?

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think Mangini is going to play quarterback.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Mangini's quarterback games worked sooooooooo well against Minnesota, why not do them again?

Draft saved Draft deleted