1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread: Oh how Dallas Does Suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 11, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I guess if you are a running back for Cincy, you might as well be in a black hole.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What in the name of Mr. Blackwell are the Jets and Bills wearing out there tonight? Is the lounge pajama concept the new thing in uniforms? Hedy Lamarr might look good in one of those, but Ryan Fitzpatrick sure doesn't.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

So we're these new uniforms inspired by the big newspaper companies? You know, have them all produced in one design center from the same basic templates using the same basic look. Just swap out the logos.

Ick.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

All that red and green.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

The shine on the uniforms and even the logo on the coaches' hats make me wish I didn't have HD. Everything seems like it's glowing. I hate this whole Color Burst concept.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They've been promoting this for weeks now. It's the "color rush."

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You simply cannot tell who's playing without graphics anymore. Nebraska (Big Red) was in black last month. Tennessee (Big Orange) was in gray. To paraphrase the old 2-quarterback saying, if you have 4-5 uniforms, you don't have a uniform anymore.

I don't have HD for who knows how long. DirecTV fucked with something, and I'm getting a "Your TV or your cables are not HD!" message now. I'm told their engineers are working on it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Color rush? When did Goodell hire Owsley as a consultant?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is like watching an intermural game between Santa's elves.

murphyc likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Bills, like Starbucks, are fighting their own personal war on Christmas.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That was painful to watch. And I'm not talking about the uniforms.

Draft saved Draft deleted