1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread: Oh how Dallas Does Suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 11, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How brave of you to come out and say so after he has proven himself at the professional level. Not that I question the truth of your story. Oh wait. I do.

Actually, I was more ignorant than wrong. I will be the first to admit I'm far from an expert on college football. I had seen very little of Bell. I knew what I read and heard, so I relied on the opinions of others, including scouting reports that pointed to him lacking great explosiveness. Of course, that was the 240-plus pound Bell in college, not the much lighter version that emerged as one of the NFL's best backs last season.

Also, where did I say I wanted Lacy over Bell? I wasn't a big fan of either player. My opinion of Bell also had nothing to do with his touchdown total in college. I would never judge a running back or receiver solely on touchdowns. But hey, don't let the facts get in your way.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If the Steelers can at least get Roethlisberger healthy for the playoffs, I'll take that.

In 2016, with a pretty easy off season with free agents, this team could really, really be good.

3. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

Well, the context of your post was Lacy dropping in the draft.

If the Steelers were considering a RB other than those two, I don't remember it.

I don't really care if you question that story or not. You were an idiot if you thought someone other than Bell should have been picked in Bell's spot, and you were far from alone.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They had a very dominant D Line then. Think in addition to Brady lighting them up, Blount may have a big game.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He's been playing through a high ankle sprain since Week 1. It's just not as big a story as everyone's making it.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. outofplace

Gotta love Yorks taking lessons from the Superman II Lex Luthor's school of 20/20 hindsight on this one.

And shottie, it is the proper use of the word. I lacked knowledge about Bell at the time, but given the number of people who had Lacy rated as the top back in a weak draft for running backs, his Yorks' characterization of anybody who questioned the Bell pick at the time is dubious at best.

He is still wrong in thinking I dismissed Bell due to a low touchdown total his final season in college. I did not. He is still wrong in thinking I wanted the Steelers to take Lacy. Hell, he's wrong in assuming they had to take a running back at all early in that draft. Sure, they had a need. They have had a need at corner for years and haven't addressed it in the first or second round.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  9. outofplace

From what I read, the weight has been an issue all along. Injuries happen, but lacking the discipline to stay in the proper shape is a larger issue.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From what I've read, the injury was a tipping point, with his weight ballooning as he was unable to stay as active. He was always big even in top condition, so it wouldn't take much for it to get away from him. Hopefully the offseason allows him to recover and rededicate himself, but man once it goes away for an NFL running back it goes fast and seldom comes back.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

DeSean Jackson brings his disgusting gang initiation rituals to the NFL.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A titty twister?
    Shouldn't that be a four-game suspension?

Draft saved Draft deleted