1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread: Oh how Dallas Does Suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wow.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Averaging 3.3 yards per carry will do it. Wasn't there some concern about Lacy keeping his weight under control before he was drafted?

3. Mr. Sunshine

He looked a bit large this season.

4. outofplace

According to the story, he weighed in at 234 pounds for this season, but I'm not sure what his playing weight was the last two years.

He fell in the draft for a reason. Of course, part of that was one team expected to take a back early, the Steelers, simply liked Le'Veon Bell better. Even with the injury this year, have to give them credit for getting that one right.

I know, it's another Steelersjack, but at least I'm going out of my way to admit I was wrong. I didn't like the Bell pick at the time. Whoops.

I wonder if that was luck or if the Steelers really did see something in Bell's personality. Because really, that is the difference between the two. Bell remade his body as a pro, dropping over 20 pounds and becoming a much more elusive and explosive runner. Lacy has clearly gone the other direction.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bell is committed to being a pro, like Brown.

Bell could always catch a football. He has amazing hands and body control when the ball is coming.

He's the most talented back I've ever seen with the Steelers. It's not even close.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Earlier this season, I was wondering why Lacy had been so bad for my fantasy team. I hadn't seen any Packers games to that point. When I finally saw a game, my first thought was, "Wow, he looks fat. No wonder he's been so bad."

7. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

You were stupid. Bell was far and away the better pick.

The only people who disagreed were caretakers of the narrative and other morons who were caught up in Bell's low TD numbers his final season.

When the Steelers made that pick, I told a Steelers fan his team did the right thing.

8. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

He could be the spark that ignites that defense. He might have a hand in improving their performance.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Yep. I caught him on the sidelines during the Chargers game and thought the same thing.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

At least we know he won't be pointing fingers if things go wrong.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Speaking of Bell, it was great to see his fellow MSUer Langford have a great game Monday. He has another performance like that this week, and Forte can put his house up for sale.

12. outofplace

Except for that bit about smoking marijuana and driving while under the influence.

Don't get me wrong. Bell is great and as frustrated as I was by his injury as a Steelers fan, I felt worse for him because injuries are cutting so deeply into what could be a great career. He has certainly showed the work ethic to get the most out of his considerable talent, but there was some seriously questionable judgement along the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted