1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread: Oh how Dallas Does Suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 11, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Bengals have a history of faltering after great starts and they just lost to a bad team. The Patriots have a history of getting better as the season wears on and they did find a way to win. I think questioning the Bengals a little more harshly makes sense.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I learned a long time ago that judging any team until the end of Thanksgiving week is premature. I learned it from Parcells and Belichick, both of whom said so.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well then.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not a fan of money lines in the NFL--don't see where the risk is ever worth the reward. If you're laying 6-1 or 8-1 or something along those lines for a double digit favorite, you've got to win that at least a handful of times in succession to cover a single loss in the 'on any given Sunday' league.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I admit to some hubris here after one of the best college FB weekends I've ever had. Every money line (10 in all) won for me on Saturday, including Wazzu and Oregon, where I perceived good value.

Had Arizona at Seattle on Sunday night +140 and that took some of the sting of Green Bay out.

Lessons to heed: a profitable Saturday means you should take Sunday off.

I will say that the money line on the 76ers is approaching a good value status. They have to win one of these days.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"They don't play the Super Bowl in October," is one of the best statements about NFL success I have heard.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

In my defense, I was pretty hammered last night.
    They're good, but the Patriots wouldn't lose to a team like that. Houston's offense is bad and the defense, for all the hype surrounding it, hasn't been good. That was a team the Bengals should have had no problem putting 30 on.
    They're not frauds, just me being obnoxious.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

With some of the losses the Pats have had, those teams worry me more for my mental state than anything else.
    The Giants have the history. The Packers have Aaron Rodgers. The Steelers can keep up in a shootout.
    The Broncos? Not with Manning. Cincinnati? Not after last night. The Colts? Ha. The Cardinals? Gonna be on the list soon. The Panthers? Not vs. the Patriots run D.

Draft saved Draft deleted