1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL: The Chiefs march to the Super Bowl begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 3, 2019.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I kind of wonder if the pendulum has now swung way back to the other side. I've heard the "Browns are still the Browns, people!" take way more than "you know who might surprise people this year are the Browns." Then again, it feels like football ended 15 years ago at this point in the off-season.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think it was a semi-sober tribute to his favorite player and not because of anything to do with the fantasy aspect.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Does he wear team jerseys with Manning on the back?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I took Seattle over Cincy too in my survivor pool, but I'd consider betting Cincy if the line hits 10.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

There's a danger that all aberrant NFL behavior will come to be attributed to CTE. But some people are just born assholes.

JC likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Raiders gonna Raiders.

9. playthrough

Not giving Brown a pass, but Mayock should also get over himself. Was it really worth fining the guy the star-WR equivalent of lunch money and causing this sh*tstorm just to show you're a tough-guy GM?

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm betting he did it knowing Brown would complain, so he could suspend him and go after his guaranteed money.

11. playthrough

OK, so that's all worth it to blow up your team four days before the opener?

I would find it hard to believe Gruden was on board with this. He might say the right things publicly but behind closed doors he knows there are different rules for different guys. Leave all the preseason crap behind and go play.

Draft saved Draft deleted