1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL: The Chiefs march to the Super Bowl begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This place has got you covered. You can even get a TV in there.
    Or could, I suppose, since it looks like the business is six feet under now.

Partycoffins.com

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's, ahem, showing his wide-eyed optimism, amirite?

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Moncrief was so bad last year the Jaguars cut him loose. That should have told the Steelers something.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7:32 pm Booger: they gonna miss #90 Clowney. They gonna miss his disruption
    7:33 pm Booger: I like what I’m seeing from the Texans defense. Playing hard.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fucking hell. Booger makes this almost unwatchable.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I will never understand this bizarre desire to get Taysom Hill a snap. Totally kills the rhythm when Brees gets it going.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had the same thought when I saw them last season. Brees is a Hall of Famer and if his play has dropped off at all, it isn't by much. Any time you take him out of the game it is a gift to the opposition.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hindus and Buddhists have solidly weighed in in the "dont give a fuck" camp as well.

HappyCurmudgeon and heyabbott like this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

When opposing fans think “Hill is in the game. Thank God. No TD pass here,” that’s not a good thing for the Saints.

swingline likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watson isn't going to last the season if he's already been sacked twice and carried three times - his back up is AJ McCarron. Texans don't make the playoffs if Watson misses time. Their defense looks okay though.

And yeah - Booger would be third-or fourth string at best on Fox or CBS Sunday games. Peyton really is just waiting for Eli to retire right?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At least according to Spotrack, Petyon made $248M in salary, alone, while he was playing. No idea what he made in endorsements, but it was probably a lot, since it seemed like he was in every other commercial for several years. I'm positive he would get more than Romo - rumored to be around $10M a year - but he probably makes something approaching that anyway on that whole "bring in a celebrity for $500k a pop speaking circuit" for Fortune 500 companies.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I can’t imaging Manning would be worth more than Romo, who is easily the best ex-athlete analyst of any pairing pretty much ever. And I think Peyton is too much of a company man to tell the truth that Romo does.

Draft saved Draft deleted