1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Sep 2, 2013.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

How soon we forget that the Monday Night Football game started at 9 p.m. ET for about two decades.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Texans-Chargers game is a 10:20 EDT start.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I don't know how related this is but the guy who runs the506.com is having trouble with his new hosting company. Somehow they didn't expect a web site that has NFL TV maps to generate that much traffic and cut him off. He's been told that he needs an upgraded server for $175 a month, which he can't afford. His last Facebook post basically said that his emails are being ignored and if he doesn't hear from them this morning, he's shutting it down for good.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But I seriously doubt the country, in general, will be captivated by that game. At the bar I'm going to Sunday, that'll be one of two games playing as everyone files out after the 1 p.m. games. And it'll probably be on 4% of the screens with GB-SF on the rest.

There are definitely a few players to keep an eye out for in the game, no doubt. But there's no way I'm watching more than a few minutes of that game. Unless it was the only game on at the time.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That site is amazing.

How is he not making money on it? Hell, the NFL should throw him a grand a month for the service he provides them.

Did he have ads on the old site?

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He used to throw up the college schedule and announcers, too.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

The NFL finally starts tonight. All is right in this world :D

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This place is a godsend when doing listings. Looks like he has a temporary site. http://www.506sports.com/

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Either that, or they'll be calling the 49ers and Seahawks colossal disappointments if either doesn't win 11+ games.

Just by having a QB who can put the ball into Fitzgerald's hands should make the Cardinals, if nothing else, a threat to score a shitload of points. They won't be as explosive as the Super Bowl team, but they should be a lot better than last year.

Fisher is just a damn good coach. As a 49ers fan, I was none too thrilled when they got him. The big question for the Rams will be if they made a mistake hitching their wagon to Bradford. I don't think he's a bust, but he needs to stay healthy and play like a No. 1 pick.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The great Drew Litton is already in midseason form.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Rams, like the Eagles, are a team that could go 6-10 as easily as they can go 10-6.
    A lot of unstable elements on both teams.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sure the NFL is really concerned these days over newspaper deadlines.

Draft saved Draft deleted