1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Sep 2, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah if not for being in the same division as probably the two best teams in the league, I'd like their chances. But that is one stacked division. I expect around Week 10 to see a bunch of ESPN stories asking "Is this the best division EVAH!!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That may be true. But it's far from a "I Wish I had Sunday Ticket" game. I'll likely be someplace that has every game playing. And chances are, I'll only look over at that game when other games are on commercial break.

Carson Palmer!! Sam Bradford!!! MUST-SEE TV, PEOPLE!!!

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Most people watch the game of their local team, no matter how much said team stinks.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not any more now that they don't give a shit about the print product for paying customers and only cater to the cheap or free (or stealing) online audience.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey, everyone is undefeated!

As for the really late starts, no reason they can't take two teams from the Mountain or Pacific time zones.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I mean, I agree, but that wasn't the issue. Unless whoever said it was a fan of one of those two teams. I don't recall being given any indication that was the case. So.....point still stands. The Cardinals-Rams game is a snoozer. And definitely not a HOLY FUCK I WISH I HAD SUNDAY TICKET!!!! game. Or even close to it.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of either team and I think it will be a damn good game.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm just curious to see if the Rams are ready to make a move and how much difference Palmer makes in Arizona.
    Same with Vikings/Lions - is Ponder better? Will the Lions rebound? All four qbs could be elsewhere or on their way out next year if things don't work out.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

All Signs Point to No

/Magic 8 Ball

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But to crossthread, a lot of people will want to see their #1 fantasy pick play.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From Cardinals-Rams? Who are we talking about?

If you're talking about Fitzgerald, you'd have to be in a 32-team league to even consider him with the first pick.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Speaking of that is there a separate fantasy thread? didn't see one.

Draft saved Draft deleted