1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds -- The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching this? Season premier last night. Just kinda......meh.

I'm basically just riding this one to the end since I've seen all the other episodes.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Didn't realize this was the final season.
    Will need to watch the season premier On Demand tonight or tomorrow night.

3. EStreetJoe

Agree that premier was kind of meh, but a very nice surprise with the identity of the shooter.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I bailed halfway through last season. Is this worth catching up on?

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

All right, I forced myself to watch the last season.

The finale hit the right notes. Got a little dusty at times. Just wish it would have ended in California.

6. EStreetJoe

Finally had a chance to catch up on the last couple of weeks.
    Thought the return to California and bringing back some of the old characters was a nice touch for the 100th episode.

Although the finale was nice and hit some nice notes, I didn't like the fact that it took place 6-7 years after the previous episode.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I liked the way they tied everything up nicely. I actually got very dusty eyed.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Of course, that could lead to the movie, where those 6-7 years happen over 2 hours.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Good Lord, that was absolutely horrible.

For those who got dusty-eyed at the finale, was it because you were stabbing your own out? Because that's about what I was doing.

Beyond terrible.

Wish that tunnel had caved in a couple seasons ago, with at least Shane and the Kevin Nealon character in it. Shane was totally unbearable since he hit puberty. Nealon's character was a useless joke.

I realize that no one reads this thread, but I just had to vent. It's the most positive thing I can think to do after watching that crap.

Waste of three spots in my Netflix queue.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Since this isn't exactly Breaking Bad, can you tell us what happened? I stopped watching a few shows into last season and have no desire to catch back up...

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't make me relive it.

Check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_%28season_8%29

The season highlight was the fact they brought back "Little Boxes" for the season and had different artists every episode. My favorite was Dierks Bentley.

When Dierks Bentley is the highlight of Weeds, it's time to move on to better drugs.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It sounds pretty dreadful. I loved the show when it first started, but lost interest when they went into hiding in Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted