1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds Season 7 - SPOILERS in first post

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have loved the series, but if that's the end, how absolutely, pathetically weak.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance to watch it On Demand tonight.
    I have four theories as to who shot her:
    1) Dmitri (or whatever the name of her lover/supplier was) for taking back the MILF weed and returning it
    2) A member of Dmitri's team that originally stole the MILF weed and returning it
    3) The pissed off police detective
    4) A member of Esteban's crew who found out that she was an informant who brought down the cartel

The ending for the season finale as a cliffhanger was kind of weak, seems like they stole the Sopranos-series finale method, except they allowed the gun to be fired.
    In addition, having the two families live together on an estate in Connecticut with no sign of the sister's husband, and the only explanations being Andy's "I agreed to say "Yes"" before the jump-ahead two months and Nancy's comment during her toast at the estate thanking Doug's firm; was kind of weak.

The rest of the episode was decent, especially the final argument on the subway Nancy and her sister had.

To state the obvious -- somehow Nancy will survive - without her the show doesn't exist. The only remaining question is where do they relocate for next season to avoid being stalked by a hitman?

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the shooter is a hired gun. And that he misses or is merely firing a warning shot.

I'm hoping it goes back further. Like Cecila. I really hoped she'd be back this season.

Or heck, even one of the model boys from this season. That plot like wasn't done. They just kind of left it.

I was just so disappointed. It was so weak and really didn't even make me curious. I'm tired of them skipping over details by fast-forwarding; there are so many huge plot gaps it could be anyone.

Did anyone else wonder if the baby was Andy's? I only half-listened to the explaination. That plotline was insipid, too.

4. EStreetJoe

There was something about it being an African-American baby, which would mean that it wouldn't be Andy's.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I thought that was the series finale. No? If not, that shooter looked like Dmitri.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I stopped watching when Conrad left. :(

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Well, since the child hasn't been born yet, I took that with a shaker of salt.

8. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

If last week's episode was indeed the series finale, that was one of the worst finales in the history of TV.

9. EStreetJoe

The Showtime website calls it the Season Finale.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Not a Weeds update, but Finding Nemo is on right now and holy crap, Shane Botwin (Alexander Gould) is the voice of Nemo. I had no idea.

Kind of creepy, though. Seaweeds.

Draft saved Draft deleted