1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds Season 7 - SPOILERS in first post

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Nancy's jailhouse roommate gave her the oven mitts so she could retrieve the key and go get that suitcase. The roommate's brother is the one Nancy is negotiating with so I'm presuming he's some kind of black market arms dealer. She figures it's her way back into the pot game. Of course, I'm still two episodes behind but that's what I got out of it.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Wow.

A great GREAT episode tonight. Extremely well done.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've definitely pulled back from thinking it was jumping the shark this season.

HOW, though, can you tell if something has been printed? Seriously? That was kind of a leap to me.

And boy, Silas really is the dumb one. Saw that coming about six kilometers away.

I don't like how the writers skip over some parts -- how did Nancy get from her house to Aidan Quinn's? Last scene of the previous episode they're all in the warehouse house together and then boom, she's in a townhouse? Little things like that irritate me.

Also unclear of the deal Soviet Sis made to get out of prison in the first place. She never had to stay in the halfway house? Something's weird about that, and her train trip out is a little too easy.

Instead of Doug, I was honestly expecting a Conrad appearance.

Missed Hot Soviet Guy.

Are there 12 episodes in a season? We're winding down. Their cliffhangers are always good.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Tell if something has been printed? I'm confused.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Ep. 9 SPOILERS:

Shane printed out the "Pouncy House" information from the police department and somehow got found out that he'd done it. Now he's apparently been arrested. Last scene with Shane, the cop guy handed Shane the handcuffs.

I doon't quite follow how the investigator-intern guy knew what Shane had done.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

So I'm the only watching, but this I have to say:

Silas is a bitter moron and I just don't care about him.

Yeah, he has reasons to be bitter, but somehow, it's not coming across. I'm not sure if it's the actor doing a bad job, or if the character is just that unlikeable to me.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Quite the pending scoreboard. I'm fascinated to see who comes out in one piece.

And I'm not saying Silas is a pillar of good will, but damn, his mother did essentially feed him to the wolves to save her No. 2 son's ass.

One prediction: Trachtenberg's character will go down, and go down hard. She's just too self-assured. It will be delightful to see her twist in the wind at some point.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I recognize I'm essentially talking to myself, but ...

I guess that was the finale. It was, by far, the worst one yet. I'm really not even remotely curious as to the cliffhanger.

Not a lot of surprise on Silas remorse -- the look on his face in the cab at the end of the last show pretty much showed he changed his mind. I just don't care about that character anymore. I just don't get it, and he does really, really dumb, rash things. And I don't think Nancy did sell him out to save Shane. They each made their own deals and didn't bother to tell the other. He got caught in the crossfire. Nancy's a terrible mom, but she played that one right.

The kid playing Shane did a good acting job with range of emotion. His bargain doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me now but I like that character more now than I have in the past.

The flash-forward two months seemed cheap. I don't like the way the show does that to basically write off unexplained things.

And Trachtenberg .. nada. That was a total ripoff. Also didn't notice JJL's husband at all -- was he there? If not, why not?

The whole Hanson brother thing was completely idiotic.

The actor portraying the detective did a fantastic job, too.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I only have one question: Who shot her? It seemed they tried to kind of show it but I ran it back a few times (was watching On Demand) and couldn't figure it out.

10. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

I've never seen Weeds

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Who the fuck cares if you've never seen Weeds?

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I hae no idea who shot her, either.

On a side note, I was very sad not to get to see Celia and Conrad this season. And Guillermo. They can bring Conrad and Guillermo back any time and I will be fine with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted