1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds Season 5 anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cwilson3, Jul 7, 2009.

1. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

The guy in prison is the Mexican drug dealer that she first started dealing with in season 3 before she burned her house down. Then, she moved where he moved in season 4 to be his blanca and be the cover person in the maternity store with the tunnel. She ratted him out to the DEA, but did not rat out Estaban. I believe he's also the one who killed the DEA agent's lover (he was gay and iirc was "with" his partner).

Then Estaban killed the DEA agent this season and I think it's going to allow him to get out of jail. I don't think there has been a trial yet. Next couple of episodes should be interesting.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't it Esteban's right-hand man/bodyguard (the one that was Nancy's first watchdog, the one that was setting up the in-home birthing center) that killed the DEA agent's lover/"partner"? He did it while torturing him to find out the identity of the mystery informant on the transcript they got a copy of.
    Didn't the drug dealer in prison (whose name I should remember but I'm blanking on) tell Nancy that he was getting out because there was no more DEA agent to testify against him. Plus he wants to get his revenge on Nancy for ratting them out and having him go to prison.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The sons haven't become stale, Doug has become stale. Funny, but stale. Doug went from being a crooked politician looking out for himself to being a stoner who is always challenging authority. The stoner persona has grown old fast.
    Silas (the older son if I've got the names right) has grown over the last two seasons into an independent person wanting his own business.
    Shane (the younger one) is showing growth as well, having gone from a kid who was in denial about the family business to one who embraced it to one who fears what impact his mother's choices have on him.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think they made a big mistake moving the show out of the Agrestic/Majestic setting. I guess they wanted to mix things up, but I don't think it's been as good since.

And EStreet, I agree, they've made Doug into a clown. It's just not funny.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not as good as it used to be. Still worth watching...

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just watched No. 13. Sheesh, Shane is pretty messed up.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Hell of a final scene.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought the same thing. I take it the series is coming back because that would be a weird series finale.

I liked the scene last week when Shane pulled the knife on the those guys. Silas was like "Mr. Badass." :)

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Last two episodes were real strong. That said, I honestly think it only has one more season left if it's going to retain any sort of creative dignity.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Was that the finale?

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Season finale, yes.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

My favorite actress, but I just can't hang with this show anymore. Too messed up.

Draft saved Draft deleted