1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds Season 5 anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cwilson3, Jul 7, 2009.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I like the way it's gone so far. Andy is just ridiculous and they've gotten back to the comedy aspect that I felt like they were lacking last season.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying this season much more than last season.
    Andy's getting strange and Doug's actually tolerable after how pitiful he had become last season.
    The comedy level has definitely been stepped up quite a bit.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I can't believe how unpopular this thread is. Shameless bump to see if anyone even watches this show.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Everything seems to be so disjointed this season. You've got 10 different stories going in 10 different directions. I've been a bit bored.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's my first season watching -- just started getting showtime, thanks to fious (eff cablevision!) -- and i think it's sensational. back-to-back with "nurse jackie" has made my monday nights in television land. 8) 8) 8)

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Dropped my pay channels when I lost my job. I miss Milfy-Louise Parker.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

understood. :( :( :(

8. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

You can watch it at surfthechannel.com, I think.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I think there's been a steep drop off the last two seasons. I started to lose interest last year, but this year I could care less. It's no longer "must see tv" for me. The episodes often go unwatched on my DVR for days, which never happened during the first couple of years of the show.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

man, wish i'd seen the first season(s) of the show. since i have nothing to compare this season to i have zero complaints.

11. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Some of the characters have become stale, namely the two sons, but I still enjoy it. I think this season has taken a step back into the right direction after a weak season 4.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's a bit disjointed. The show after the sister departed was weird - she never actually left, just hasn't been heard of again.

And when Nancy had the two guys tasered and didn't want to decide, what ever happened? Since Senor Mayor arrived, I guessed the FBI agent bought it but wasn't certain.

Fast-forwarding six months was weird.

Celia's character is just wasted, in more ways that one. I liked it more when her storyline interacted with the others and wasn't so far out there.

Someone remind me who the guy is in prison Nancy keeps tormenting.

And yes, it's usually available on surfthechannel.com. I'm across an ocean but on episode 7.

Draft saved Draft deleted