1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wednesday's American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NYJScribe, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Differences?? We both loved Elliott last year, remember??

Just read he got a songwriting deal with Sony, btw.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

SAw that, and he's dropping an album in March.

I thought we disagreed on things like Paris' "Midnight Train to Georgia" and other things last year.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Anyone pick up the Taylor Hicks CD? I noticed it in Circuit City the other day.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not. Even. If. You. Pay. Me.

5. Lugnuts

Oh yeahhhh... how could I forget that debate? ;D

I ended up really liking Paris, though. I just didn't love her presentation of that song.

6. Lugnuts

What's funny is how much they've been cracking on Taylor in the audition shows this season. I think they're pissed about the comments he made that Idol is "on its way down."

Uh, yeah, Taylor.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I remember it too. You and 21 thought it was too happy...I thought it was good for her.

She had that Michel'le thing going on with the powerful singing voice and a squeaky helium speaking voice. Kind of weird.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Actually I got it for Christmas.

It's not the greatest, but I enjoy it. Then again, I know how much you all agree with my musical judgement.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm watching American Idol Rewind from the first season. Was Kelly Clarkson REALLY that ugly during the audition process?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I got the Hicks album around Christmas. Well, actually bought it for my MIL and later copied it for myself.

Not too shabby.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I take it you didn't vote for Soul Patrol then? :D

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck no. I didn't vote for the final, because I despise both he and Katharine. Though I saw a story on her in People, and she said her album is "her" and is all funk and dance and pop and not some Barbra Streisand/Celine Dion balladfest, which is what she felt AI turned her into.

That was my real beef with Clarkson's first album. If they had let her be a 25-year-old woman, instead of having to sing "A Moment Like This" and shit like that, she'd have been a breakout success from the get-go. But it took time for her. Glad they're letting Katharine do a little more like herself.

Draft saved Draft deleted