1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wednesday's American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NYJScribe, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I see what you mean, I withdraw my comparison.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That's not even Liza. I think that's a female impersonator.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gee. How can YOU be sure?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will post this here, just so you guys know where to find me.

I'm finally watching Wednesday's AI on Tivo. I'm watching the previews on the first hour, and they show a guy that makes my jaw drop. Just possibly the most gorgeous human being ever. Like half Henry Simmons, half Tyrese. Just...beautiful. They finally get to his portion, and I'm thinking "Wow, he's incredibly hot." One problem.

Turns out he's 16.

So if I don't sign in for a few days, check the jail logs.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why? For child molestation or the eventual fight with sportschick over a 16-year-old...

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I knew it. As soon as I saw that kid, I thought of you. I said, "That's IJAG's type." ;D

He appears to be a beautiful human being inside and out -- great story -- could go far.

I thought the NY show was the best of the season by far.

I cried at the girl from Ohio whose dad didn't believe in her.

That 'soap opera' thing was one of the best edited sequences in the history of the show. ;D

My early favorite to win is Porcelana. Love that voice. Wow.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There have been some bad guest judges over the year, but Carol Joan Collins wannabe Sager was the worst yet.

She offered nothing. I know she's a legendary songwriter, but there wasn't a single contestant who had ever heard of her unless they were told right before they walked in...

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

She was trashed by the other three in an article in EW previewing this season. It was pretty funny -- they tried to be nice about it, but it ended up coming off as even more bitchy and condescending by their efforts to tone it down.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just want to see how far the Fidel Castro lookalike can go without being cleaned up...

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought it was JDV.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Aw, thanks Lugs!

Porcelana..was she the freak who worked out for a year? Her voice scared me.

Looks like we're disagreeing again, Lugs...our now-annual AI differences. :)

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I thought Porcelana sucked, too, ijag. She looks like a wanna be Shakira, and her voice was not at all appealing. I was shocked that they let her move on. I bet she goes out soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted