1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. doctor x

doctor x Member

I swear the following happened at my brother's wedding in 1984.

The reception wasn't far from over when it dawned on someone the bride and groom hadn't danced "the" dance, so someone grabbed a 45 -- without looking at the label, I like to think -- and put it on.

"What's Love Got to do With It?"

Been married 22 years now.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mrs. Huggy and I are big fans of Jim Cuddy and the boys and I'm sure "Lost Together" was played at our wedding. I've been to a few where the happy couple used it as their first song.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Van Morrison's "Someone Like You."

When I met the missus, I asked her what was her fav song and it was this, which was also my fav at the time (no one was into Poetic Champions Compose then).

No regrets.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

First song: "You send me" by Sam Cooke

I have no idea about a last song. Everybody there was too drunk to remember.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"This Is It" by Kenny Loggins, as has been winnowed.

Goodness gracious.

6. the fop

the fop Member

Beatles, "Til there was you." No regrets.

Second, Bee Gees version of "More Than a Woman." And everyone joined us.

I'd do it again tomorrow. Man, what a great night.

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs. Fly and I first-danced to Chantal Kreviazuk's "Feels Like Home"...it struck a chord with my lady and I deferred to her choice.

The last of the night was Joey Ramone's version of "Wonderful World". Fitting close to a fun evening.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The theme song of my junior prom was "Against All Odds," which pretty much summed up my chances of gettin' any poonanny that night.

9. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Funny you should mention that, because mine was a much better symbolic omen: "Let's get it on"
    The following year at the senior event? Sexual Healing
    No lie...

Also, I'm slightly surprised by the Springsteen wedding song selections. That's not to say it's a bad choice, I just wouldn't have guessed the Boss would be such a popular one.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

At his wedding, my best friend wanted his first dance to be to 'Smoke on the water'. However, his bride over ruled him on that one. They ended up with some old country song, Something by George Straight, I think.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Get the beer ready.

Draft saved Draft deleted