1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

On a serious note, the Carpenters' "Close to You."

Never felt quite so diabetic.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

We've Only Just Begun would work quite nicely as well.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I can think of a bunch of songs I recall thinking about having for first and last songs, but for the life of me I can't remember the ones my ex and I actually danced to...

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A case of ice-cold beer to anyone who talks his wife into Clarence Carter's "Strokin".

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm not trying to be snarky (really), but until now I never realized that guys remembered the first song played at their wedding.

At ours, I know that at some point the band (friends of ours) played "I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock and Roll," but that's about it.

6. "At Last" by Etta James. Very nice, though I remember getting ticked that I got all teared up thinking about all we'd gone through to be together and she wouldn't cry with me. Still kinda kicked arse.
    Can't remember the second song or the last song. Though I think we never did get around to doing "Da Butt," which I'll always regret.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was at a wedding where the brother of the groom paid the DJ $20 to play Lil Jon's "Get Low"

Those who know the lyrics know why this is funny...

8. baskethead

baskethead Member

We actually used two songs: We started out with Come What May from Moulin Rouge, and then to throw a twist into the whole atmosphere and to loosen people up, switched in the middle of the song to Jimmy Fallon's Idiot Boyfriend, which pretty well describes me and our relationship. It worked well and fit our personalities.
    We also didn't use the Wedding March but had my brother-in-law, a professional guitar player, play an instrumental version of Nick Drake's Fly, which was really cool. No regrets for either.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Perhaps the strangest piece of wedding related music I experienced was eons back when I was an alter boy for a wedding on a January day in St Louis. Snow on the ground, bitterly cold outside, and during the ceremony, mind you, the following is played:

Seals and Croft, " Summer Breeze".

Not by the organist or by someone at the wedding. The actual record was played.

Aaah, the seventies.....

10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Huggy,

Love the "Home" song as a wedding anthem! Might have to slip that CD to our band for practice. We're getting married this summer and dancing (or whatever it is that I will do) to "Lost Together" by Blue Rodeo.

11. hacknaway

hacknaway New Member

Journey's Faithfully.
    And, wow, did we regret that about, oh, 9 f-ing minutes into the song. That thing just goes on and on and on .....

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Due to the venue, we did not have a band or dancing.

Our wedding CD, which was a big hit, contains a couple of songs of my wife's choosing that I'm not particularly fond of.

But that's the way it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted