1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fenian's wedding dance was to "Come out ye black and tans". ;)

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Our first song was "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis.

Can't remember too many other songs from that night other than "Fiesta" by the Pogues and "Home For A Rest" by Canada's great Spirit of the West (back to back) and "I Knew The Bride" by Dave Edmunds, a bit of a tradition among our crowd.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Edwin McCain's cover of I could not ask for more.

it's now our ringtones. yes, we're sickening

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Our wedding vows song was "Just to Hear You Say That You Love Me" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

Our wedding dance song was, incredibly enough, a Kiss song. No, it wasn't "Let's Put the X in Sex" or "Love Gun" or "I Was Made For Lovin' You", but a song called "I Finally Found My Way". It is a slow song and it was on when I first told my wife I loved her. Queencreole was a little hesitant at first, but I sold her on the idea that not only was it playing when I told her I first loved her, but we'd be the first couple to have our first dance to a Kiss song!

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

All I can say is the scenes on Jabba's sail barge produced a great many life changes in plenty of young boys.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Young boys oogling Leia is fine.

Young boys who never grow out of it yet still want to get married is another thing entirely.

7. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

First dance: "Ripple" by the Grateful Dead
    Last dance: "The Way You Look Tonight" by Sinatra

No regrets on either. But after reading this thread, I guess my only regret is I didn't push for the Leia bikini on the honeymoon. :)

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More than 50 percent of American marriages end in divorce.
    And choosing the wrong wedding song is usually the top factor cited in divorce proceedings.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Damn, I was guessing it was Doctor Love...

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Our first dance was to Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey...

What everybody was talking about afterwards was that for the garter removal, we played "Do You Want to Touch Me?" by Joan Jett...

I was pleased with both choices...

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

First dance was 'Eternal Flame' by the Bangles. We really didn't have a 'song', so we ended up going with one from the day. Could have been worse, I guess, considering some of the musical contemporaries **cough--hairbands--cough** of the day.

Although the one other dance my wife still recalls with great joy from our wedding day was "Honky Tonk Woman". Not exactly a wedding tune lyrically, I know, but when the reception all got into a Stones blues groove on the dance floor, all was right with our world.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was at one wedding in the late 90s where DMB's "Crash" was the first song...

The bride's dad was not happy about the "Hike up your skirt a little more..." lyric...

Draft saved Draft deleted