1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Dean Martin's "You're the Best Thing That's Ever Happened to Me"

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

For some reason, I want my first dance to be the Pogues' "Rainy Night in Soho."

But first, I'd like to find a girlfriend.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

This thread makes me and every other soon-to-be-married guy cringe. Somewhere along the line, I've thought about dancing to every one of these songs.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

OK, I'm betting none of you have heard this song, but if I ever get married one of the best wedding songs I know of is called "A Ring on My Hand" by a singer/songwriter named Darryl Purpose.

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I asked my funny little hunny last night and neither of us can remember. We tried, but could not come up with either song, first or last. There is a video in a box somewhere that could tell us and we may try to find it as we are now both intrigued.

In two weeks, we will be married 20 years, so apparently not remembering is not a deal breaker ;)

6. After the ceremony was finished, we walked back down the aisle to Springsteen's "Give The Girl A Kiss."

I pushed for If I Should Fall Behind for the first dance too, but the wife wanted Jack Johnson's "Better Together." Considering I already had gotten Bruce in the ceremony, I thought it was a fine compromise.

7. arwen22266

arwen22266 New Member

First dance: "For the First Time" by Kenny Loggins. What we would dance to if we renewed our vows: "I Carry Your Heart" by Michael Hedges. Obscure, yes, but search them out and you will be rewarded. :D

Wedding processional and recessional from "Sound of Music". :D

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I regret that while the soloist was singing "Grow Old With Me" that the flower arrangement behind her fell. Made for great video, though.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, but Still the One had more personal meaning for us.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I wanted a Star Wars or Civil War-themed wedding with accompanying music, but that wasn't going to be happening. I still have no idea why.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

For the same reason I dumped the guy who wanted me to recreate the Leia metal-bikini scene on the wedding night.

Draft saved Draft deleted