1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

The first time one of Our Core Group got married, some guys felt the need to request "Glory Days" and, subsequently, the need get the bride and groom hoisted on their shoulders. Nine or 10 weddings later, come 10:45 or so, Bruce comes on and the newlyweds go up.

Kind of our fun, little wedding tradition.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

What's the point of having a mullett if you don't spend the rest of your life regretting it? :)

3. lono

lono Active Member

"When A Man Loves A Woman" by Percy Sledge.

Regrets?

Only that Little Steven selected the same song but actually was able to find Percy Sledge and get it to perform it at his wedding. That was way cooler than anything we could have come up with.

The second dance was "Train In Vain" by The Clash.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

That made me and my wife laugh very hard
    (And no, we don't regret it).

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Instead of the wedding march, a friend of mine in Arizona, last month, for his second marriage, used Bruce Springsteen's new cover of "Once Upon a Time in the West" as the wedding march. His wife was brought in on a horse-drawn carriage.
    http://www.amazon.com/We-All-Love-Ennio-Morricone/dp/B000MM0L2S/ref=sr_1_24/002-2905059-1765632?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1174443282&sr=1-24

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It won't happen for me - kind of a loner - but right now, I would have to pick Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky."

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

"I Cross My Heart" By George Strait is one of the more common wedding songs.

Friend and his wife used "You're the Inspiration," by Chicago.

8. We went with "It Had To Be You," the real version, and we don't regret it.

Second song was "Dancing Queen." Don't regret that.

I don't remember the third song. I regret that,

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Your wife has great taste.

Although Shania's "From This Moment On" is probably a better fit for a wedding. The 83,739,239 couples who have used it can't be wrong. ;)

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife's best friend used that song. She was divorced two years later. Hubby beat her. Not good times.

11. This song reminds me of a funny story.
    My wife's father passed away two summers ago (not funny, I know). I went with the family when they were picking out the tombstone. My mother-in-law had them put the phrase "Our love is 'Evergreen' " at the bottom because Streisand's "Evergreen" was their wedding song.
    When I started laughing, I had to explain what was so funny.
    I said to my wife, "Honey, you can use 'I Will Be Here' on my tombstone." Our wedding song was "I Will Be Here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman (a beautiful song with a great story behind why he wrote it).

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dr. J and I danced to "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice because it's our song.

However, Iron & Wine's "Such Great Heights" and "All I Know" would've fit too.

Draft saved Draft deleted