1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wedding song regrets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 20, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

kind of an off-shoot of the other wedding thread but ....

mrs. shockey and my first dance was to "stand by me." our last dance of the evening was to the bruce's acoustic version of "thunder road."

to this day, we wish we would've led off with the latter. anyone else have regrets on their choices? ??? ??? ???

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm sure many, many people regret hearing the wedding march.

3. pa writer

pa writer Member

Me and my wife considered Springsteen's "If I Should Fall Behind," but went with Louis Armstrong's "Only You" for sentimental reasons. We don't regret it, but have decided that if we ever renew our vows, we're dancing to Springsteen.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Shockey, acoustic Thunder Road's a good show-closer, if you will.

We danced to Jewel's Face of Love. No regrets.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

My brother and his wife drove away for their honeymoon to Kiss' Lick It Up.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Just kidding.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ours is just embarassing. Shania Twain's Still the One. Emotionally and given some of our history, it was a very good fit, though. Plus, that's what my wife wanted and I pretty much let her have whatever she wanted for that day.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, that's what we thought going in, too. but the reality was our party was a really, really great one. but by the time we closed the night with "thunder road," many folks had left and the ones left behind were, um, happy. also, the video folks had shut down before the finale. so there's no evidence of us dancing to "thunder road."

oh, well. we've got the bob sheppard intro. that's what really matters, right? 8)

p.s. -- we've got the party groovin' to "dancing in the dark" on the video, complete with my pelvic thrusts. :eek: ::) ;D

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My wife & I didn't pick a last dance.

Our first dance was Rod Picott's "Angels & Acrobats". There's a link to a sample of it here: http://rodpicott.com/music.html

I was hoping for Bruce Springsteen's "Happy" for that first dance.
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/Happy.html

However I readily agreed to "Angels & Acrobats" because I was a fan of Rod's before I met my wife and she loved that song when I took her to one of his shows. Up until two months or so before the wedding Rod said he was going to come and perform the song for our first dance. However being an independent musician trying to make a name for himself, he opted for a series of dates in California at that time instead.

So, no regrets over song choices.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I wanted something Bruce as a wedding song, but the missus was dead set on "It Had to be You". Which it was. I didn't mind that much, mostly because I couldn't think of a specific Bruce song that fit the mood. For example, I don't love "If I Should Fall Behind" and my wife didn't need or certainly deserve to hear "you ain't a beauty, but hey you're all right" on her wedding day. The "kiss the bride" version of "Stolen Car" really would not have been appropriate nor would "Brilliant Disguise".

The band that we hired, which was awesome, didn't know any Bruce songs, so the closest to the Jersey shore that we got was "Having a Party".

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn. That is awesome.

12. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

"I Live My Life For You" by the great Firehouse.
    Yes, Uni loved hair metal and had a mullett and he still has no regrets.

Draft saved Draft deleted