1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dude, Oct 15, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, and Some Guy:

[​IMG]

Mazel Tov!

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

You buy a gift.

Or a $20 Target gift card.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can't remember the last time I was invited to a wedding. And yes, I know what that says about me.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I say, if you attend, you take a gift.

If you're not going to attend, it's your call.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We wear caps and sleeves at this level of nuptials, son.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Yes.

Missed a friend's wedding last month to be at a, uhm, celebration thingy in another state. They invited me and I knew I would still be seeing them post-trip, so I bought a gift and had it shipped just before the wedding (the Shamwow! set. Not kidding. They registered for it. HAD to.).

Also went to a destination wedding (well, they live in Hawaii, none of the guests do) and they insisted no one buy a gift. Almost all of us did and, IMHO, the gifts were better than normal since they weren't registered anywhere. I brought them gifts I knew would be used/mean something.

But seriously, bring a gift. Especially if you're at the ceremony and not the reception.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

If I could have registered for the Shamwow deal, I would have.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If I knew you then, I'd have invited you.

9. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I would totally skip it if I could because I generally dislike weddings, but I don't want to be the bad guy. I'm already getting a lot of grief over skipping the reception from our mutual friends.

And it's going to be a really shitty day. Covering a morning skate. Wedding. Then hockey game. And we're supposed to get a rain/snow mix all day long.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Probably best it never came to that. I'd have shown up in my Bears pajama pants. [/crossthread]

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why are you skipping the reception? Work?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The only shocking thing is that someone has to ask this question.

Yes. And stop bitching about everything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted