1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding dance question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Aug 3, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yikes. The radio station in my hometown would play that song all the damned time and the old guy who was the DJ would always say (imagine a B-List Walter Cronkite), "And now here's The Who with The Squeezebox." Always made me laugh.

My wife and I, getting married at age 47, deliberately chose a reception facility that was too small for dancing of any kind.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So was mine.

Weird how it came about, too.

My mom is a HUGE Kenny Rogers fan. But I kind of forgot that through the years (bad pun intended). So we're at our DJ/wedding co-ordinator's house three days before the wedding going over some final details and he asks "Do you have a song yet?" I said no, he said "How about Through the Years?"

Sold.

My mom cried like a baby.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't work unless a Springsteen fan provided you with a solo acoustic or solo piano version:
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/TheWish.html

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Jesus and Mama Always Loved Me; as performed by Confederate Railroad.

If her name happens to be Julia, then go with the Beatles' Julia off of the white album.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

"Hey Mama" by Kanye West

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mr. Cougar's mother-son dance song was "Through The Years," as well. However, it was a completely unplanned selection. After the father-daughter dance (Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely"), next thing we know it's the mother-son dance. Well, we just had to roll with it.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

There goes "Bump and Grind" by R. Kelly

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's his mom, not the flower girl

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Seriously, I think you should ask your mother if she's got a song with which she'd like to commemorate the moment. I felt like it was her moment as the mother of the groom and that she should pick the song.
    Of course, I didn't have (read: wasn't allowed to have) much input on the couple's first dance, either, so I don't know. My suggestion - Here, There, And Everywhere - was played while we cut the cake, so at least it received some sort of prominent attention.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mother, you had me but I never had you,
    I wanted you but you didn't want me,
    So I got to tell you,
    Goodbye, goodbye.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Alive" by Pearl Jam
    Anything by Staind

Draft saved Draft deleted