1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding attire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Dec 28, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Formal usually means the same as Black Tie. You can usually get away with a black suit, though. I have been at some shi shi black tie events, in which the rules are now stretched routinely. In NY (and LA), black tie or formal can mean anything -- it can be a black shirt with a black suit and no tie or it can include a garish vest and tails. You'll be safe with a conservative dark suit, if you have one.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Good answer from GQ:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/styleguy/formalwear/189

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When you see the groom, just say "Dude, I'm not interested in your wife. I'm here to bang her drunk sorority sisters."

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fixed.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many friends do you have at this affair? If it's less than five good male friends, don't go.

PVC probably just needs a reason to kick your ass. Don't give him one. Shit, he will probably make one up.

There are more red flags to this situation than in a Chinese parade.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Because continuing to bring up something that happened months ago is just so cute.

7. Inky_Wretch

Hey, it's not like Doc referenced Tron and the redhead.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're on blast, yo!

:D

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can I come to the wedding with you, CR? (Not that way you pervs) I really want to watch the evening entertainment.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Once upon a midnight dreary I remember reading that the later in the day the wedding is, the better you dress. If you have a night wedding, do it big.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

*sigh*

Et tu, Inky?

12. Inky_Wretch

I guess I could have mentioned that time Anon 2:47 told Anon 1:49 he was a loser for not hooking up with a girl at a wedding back in 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted