1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding attire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Dec 28, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No. I was counting people still upright and taking nourishment. I believe the correct answer is "Don Johnson."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

In the South in the summer, you'll see some seersucker and cotton khaki suits.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Yeah, the invitation doesn't specify about attire so I asked. Two of my brothers who are also attending are wearing suits, too.

I'm with you on hating black suits, Frank. I own three suits - one gray, one tan and one brownish with very subtle orange pinstripes. Clearly, since this isn't a summer outdoor wedding, I'm stuck wearing gray tonight.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And both are glorious.

As is this look ...

[​IMG]

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I'm gonna need to be very drunk, methinks. I'll share the situation with the board.

The bride texted me a couple weeks ago that the groom "is very nervous about you being at the wedding, he told me he doesn't want you there."

Apparently, he is convinced we're having an affair when she comes back to California to visit family and friends. She transfered up to University of Alaska, Fairbanks this year after their sudden, out-of-the-blue engagement. He's a PFC in the U.S. Army stationed in Fairbanks.

I guess I could see some minor cause for his concern, but calling us out for an affair? I just laughed when she told me that's why she has only been able to call me the last few months, not accept my calls. He's basically controlling her and forbidding her to talk to me when he sees I'm calling or texting.

She and I have become really, really close friends over the last two-plus years. We went through a cuddling/sleeping together but not fucking stage shortly before their engagement, but it never went anywhere because I basically pussed out on pursuing it and we acknowledged it could mess up a really special friendship. She doesn't really have any guy friends.

They got engaged a few weeks after we stopped whatever we were starting, on her very first visit to Alaska after they had been messaging on MySpace. Apparently they dated briefly in high school, but hadn't spoken in four years. Then, boom, she's engaged.

She bailed on her friends, family and sorority to transfer to Alaska, which she hates. Turns out she basically got engaged as a coping mechanism following news that a guy who she dated for three years and was ready to settle down with (and also cheated on her with a friend) was getting married.

Her sorority sisters have set the over-under on divorce at one year.

The part that gets me the most is that her dad had NEVER met the groom before this week.

I can't wait to give this soldier a firm handshake and enjoy the hilarity that is bound to ensue tonight.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You might not want to fuck with him. If he thinks you've been banging his future wife, it might be trouble.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Hmmm ... he's not wearing white.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was awesome.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Over-under on this marriage: eight months. I'll take the under.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'll take the over, but only because
    Whoa, be careful man.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

So cargo shorts and a sleeveless shirt are not an option?

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I would say the bulletproof vest would be proper dress.

Draft saved Draft deleted