1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Website manager for MSG.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Mar 25, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Communications: Internet Communications
    Manager Websites - MSG.com - Madison Square Garden (New York, NY)

MSG Interactive seeks a web-savvy editor to create and manage original local lifestyle and sports content for a male audience on MSG.com and its network of related sites. The ideal candidate will have technical, multimedia and editorial experience, a feel for what works on the Web, a thorough grasp of the competitive landscape and an innate, authentic New York voice.

The Manager of Website, MSG.com will have a strong creative vision for what makes compelling content. You should be able to innovate and package content both virally and traditionally, design and manage the process of creating engaging, multiplatform (web, video, mobile) user experiences, and cross-promote that content across related sites and the open web.

Responsibilities include managing daily production tasks while maintaining a longer term vision for the site and finding innovative ways to draw users to the MSGI network. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills to attract a diverse content team of freelancers, and a journalism background. We seek a superb communicator who is organized, dynamic and ambitious.

Please send a resume and a carefully crafted cover letter telling us why you're the best person for the job.

After applying online, please also email your resume to msghr@thegarden.com. Please write "MW" in the subject line.

Apply for this position

Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=17847

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Could the right candidate become the next Knicks coach?

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Would the right candidate want to become the next Knicks coach?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, you won't be the Knicks next head coach. But for sure, you're going to have to tell your staffers to suck off the next Knicks coach, no matter how badly the team performs.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, if I'm MSG management, and I'm fighting charges of a misogynistic workplace, I'm not sure I'm putting "male audience" in my job ad.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clearly, the brain surgeons at MSG haven't yet learned that women may watch sports.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'm sure they have their demographics report that supports this. I used to read Cosmopolitan -- my former brother-in-law used to say he "wants to know how they think" (which did him a lot of good; they wound up divorced) -- and I understood the mag was geared to women although I found the stories interesting. MSG probably could have left this unsaid, but of course they're going to focus on a male audience.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And, Frank, I'm assuming anyone applying for the gig would also know that. I don't know that it's intelligent to brand it a 'male audience' with all that's happened. It doesn't say 'largely male.'

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

No girls allowed. Me Tarzan.

10. Mediator

Mediator Member

Also, considering how paranoid they are, it's laughable that the word "communications" ends up on any kind of job posting.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you have to accept a ride in Stephon Marbury's truck?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They didn't list ability to use a Blackberry as a requirement.

Draft saved Draft deleted