1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Website Content Manager - LA Clippers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 12, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From Teamwork online.
    http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=28386

My question: In this context, what does "sticky" mean?
    ^___=
    RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the Web Content Manager supports the efforts of the Los Angeles Clippers in managing the content and quality control for its web sites and e-mail marketing. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:

•Edits and publishes web content for Los Angeles Clippers web sites. Is responsible for keeping the sites fresh and “sticky”, encouraging fans to return frequently
    •Creates, manipulates and edits graphics for web production
    •Encodes and edits video clips for web viewing
    •Manages day-to-day proofing and quality control of web sites and email marketing copy
    •Test sites for errors, spelling mistakes, grammar, broken links, browser compatibility and technical problems
    •Works with other internal teams to build and update their respective areas on web sites
    •Helps develop and implement new content ideas
    •Moderates social network and forums, helping build and stimulate activity within the online community
    •Maintains web related email boxes, responding to and forwarding messages
    •Recruit, supervise, and train interns for the Web Department
    •Various other duties as assigned
    REQUIREMENTS:

•Bachelor’s degree and at least four years experience in related field are required.
    •Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a team-first mentality.
    •Should be extremely organized and detail oriented.
    •Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on writing and editing.
    •Solid computer skills, Internet knowledge, and good HTML skills are required.
    •Required computer program knowledge: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, FTP, Windows Media Encoder, HTML Editor programs (Front Page or Adobe Dreamweaver).
    •Knowledge of Flash and Javascript is a plus.
    •Knowledge of the NBA is helpful.
    •Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and game nights as assigned.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did they lift the "knowledge of the NBA is helpful" line out of their want ad for a new G.M?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This job could be a stepping stone to coach or GM, the rate things are going ...

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I interviewed for the Lakers version of this job last summer. They offered $13 per hour - it must be an adventure to work for $13 per hour and live in L.A.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That's about $25,000 a year. I'm sure there's some nice places in Compton, if you can find 3 roommates.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Watts, maybe.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed it is. That makes me wonder what the MLS teams will pay the people they're hiring for content-producing gigs for their Web sites.

$25,000 in Los Angeles can get you a place in certain parts of Redondo Beach, Long Beach, San Pedro, etc. As long as you have roommates and minimal debt, that is. Defer your student loans, get Mom and Dad to pay for car insurance, and never go out.

8. SoCalString

SoCalString Member

Well, seeing what this job is offering I now know why I never received a reply. My requested salary range was about double what they were offering. The MLS positions actually pay a good, livable wage, around $42,000. Apparently the NBA is like MLB in its meager wages for staff.

9. robertobajo

robertobajo New Member

Bad owner, bad organization, bad team, probably not a good job.

10. BallsBusted

BallsBusted New Member

I am sure Donald Sterling can find you a nice place to live if you're making $25,000 a year....

Draft saved Draft deleted