1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web Widths

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by journalist68, Jul 19, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If they make it narrow enough, we can all go home.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

On the bright side, if it gets narrower, maybe people can start reading it with one hand while they drive. It beats what they might be doing when they're one-hand driving (using their cell phones, you fucking perverts)

3. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Honestly, as a reader, I like the narrower papers.

I find the Globe easier to read than say, the NYT as it is right now.

Yes, you hate to lose news hole.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Stupid Questions Dept.: How does this save money? Is a narrower roll purchased? If that's the case, is the paper printed untrimmed? I'm just trying to envision a way to keep the old standard (NYT) width with a narrower roll.
    Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal slims all the way to the new standard later this year or early next year. That's going to be a shocker for those readers. They'll lose a whole column of width. It doesn't matter how many pages are added. People will think they're getting shorted. And they may be right.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They'll be so focused on the design, they won't be able to put it down. [/dr.mario]

Draft saved Draft deleted