1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web Sites You Check Daily...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Genco_Olive_Oil, May 16, 2008.

1. I'm a little nervous to be giving up my thread-starting virginity, but here goes nothing.

Beyond the ones we check in the privacy of our home office---www.bigfunbags.com---what Web sites do you visit on a daily basis because they're beneficial to your work (or just really informative)?

Sites like phillysportsmedia.com and bostonsportsmedia.com are on my must-see list, because of how they link to most of the relevant articles of that day. I check out baseballprospectus.com, sonsofsamhorn.net and rotoworld.com, but I can't say I have more than a few that are daily must-sees. Seth Mnookin has a great blog, even though he gets irregular with updates when he's working.

What about you all? What hidden gems are out there? For all the harsh talk about blogs and other Web site material, there's a good percentage of them that feature terrific content. How about a running list?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

bigsausagepizza.com

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

In all seriousness, Huffington post and deadspin are about my only must reads, besides here of course.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I swear the first three times I saw this thread it said "web sites you chuck daly."

and that made no fuckin sense to me.

5. You're Chuck Daly?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

weather.com, various newspapers.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Gmail, SportsJournalists.com, my paper, the competitor, Yahoo! fantasy, Yahoo! sports, ESPN fantasy and weather.com are sure-fire stops I make every day. I would also add Google, but I don't actually go to Google, I just use the search bar in Firefox.

Facebook, LinkedIn, various Cubs blogs, various music blogs, MUTigers.com, my state's high school association, my state's private-school athletics assocation, various other high school sports sites, various other newspapers, APSE, JJobs, ABC Circulation and various recipe sites are places I stop regularly, if not every day.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Various papers, SJ, the big lead, deadspin, pitchforkmedia, paste magazine, and various music blogs.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

work e-mail, gmail, here, jayski, espn.com, si.com, yahoo.com, tmz, perez hilton.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This one
    Pro Football Talk
    Facebook
    The Big Lead
    TMZ
    Perez Hilton
    Google News
    ESPN.com
    KC Star
    LA Times
    NY Times
    Washington Post

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

first tier (most every time I ride the internet tubes): SJ, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, ESPN, work Outlook Web Access, Facebook, 4chan, Wrestling Observer, couple of other bulletin boards, local paper, Wikipedia, Sportsline/Yahoo/ESPN fantasy (in season), weather.com, National Hurricane Center (in season)

second tier (every so often): Deadspin (soon to move to first tier, I'd think), newspapers I once worked for, Comics Curmudgeon, my church, Roadfood, website for shitty paper where some of my family lives, about 100 sites that don't come to mind.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

uscis.gov

visajourney.com

Draft saved Draft deleted