1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web sites that bash newspapers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jan 27, 2009.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

We've got one of these sites: our own. Reader comments call our uber-right-wing paper "Obama-hugging libbies" every day.

2. Public School

Public School New Member

You sure that's not Sean Hannity's blog?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't put my finger on, I resent your post.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The original link to http://www.boycottnorwichbulletin.com/ would be interesting commentary on the local newspaper if the people weren't nutcases. I think commentary on the local newspaper is a good thing and can only make it better.

But associating that mission with extreme right-wing politics blots out any sense of thoughtful criticism.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I find that while just about anyone can and does have some kind of beef with the local paper the ones who froth at the mouth and cannot find anything good about the paper are conservatives 99 percent of the time.

6. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Sites like that make me want to punch someone in the face. I don't care who you voted for, people like that should make you angry about the state of our country.

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

In Cheyenne, Wyo., there is the Cheyenne Herald, which exists because the publisher/editor/reporter/photographer has a hard-on for the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle. All the stories contain a dig (more likely several) at the WTE; in fact, the stories themselves are digs at the WTE. No real news, just bashing on the legit daily.

8. How has no one posted the obvious one yet?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't go there.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I would, but I'm saving up for my 5000th post and don't want to get booted before hand.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He has a hard on for every newspaper. Not just one.

12. Keystone

Keystone Member

This one has a very personal grudge against one of my former employers:

http://www.danvilleva.blogspot.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted