1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web site with Conference USA images?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 19, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

SoMiss folks are out of pocket today and C-USA office was no help ... isn't there a Web site with downloadable mugs for a bunch of teams, including Southern Miss? I seem to recall that from earlier in the season but we have made some system changes since then and I am drawing a blank.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Having dealt with C-USA many times previously, this does not surprise me. Makes me shake my head, but doesn't surprise me.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you are truly using them mug size (5-6 picas), most low res mugs from the school sites will work.

Crop them to 5 picas at 135 dpi and see how they look.

Unless the images on the site are unusually small, the resolution should hold up on newsprint (which does not read anything more fine than 135 dpi).

4. Neil Amato

Neil Amato New Member

yes, there's a site, a pretty handy one if a school you care about takes part.

http://www.collegepressbox.com/

there's a cusa password, but i don't recall it. the one i use is
    login: accmedia
    password: jacksonville

go to site, click on cusa (if that's the league you want), then hit the login button at the bottom. it has most southern miss player mugs as well as the coaching staff (but not fedora).

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

that's it. thanks.

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

C-USA.
    Nice people in the conference SID office. Helpful.
    Occasional good football SIDs. Tulsa. UCF. Memphis. ECU. SoMiss. The guys at Tulane go out of their way to be extra helpful.
    Awful basketball SIDs. Almost everywhere. Either no friggin' clue or they choose to be awful.
    SMU? Houston? Rice? The absolute worst. You'd think schools in big markets with pro teams would work even harder at being good, at loading up their web site with lots of good stuff and making their people available.
    Instead, SMU in particular does all it can to shoo people away and frustrate them.
    Curious indeed.
    Yes, their staffs are small, but it doesn't keep Tulane from trying hard to do more than most. Maybe it all starts with the ADs. I don't know. But it's frustrating.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, I wish I had logins for all the various conferences on that site ...

8. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I am not sure he has it on here but he has most logos in high quality.

http://www.sportslogos.net/

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It sure has a lot of them. Here's my problem with their logos. They are GIFs. To get them into my front-end system, they have to be saved as JPEGs or TIFFs. And when I do that, it imposes a black background on them. I don't know if that's a problem unique to Harris, but I can't use them because of that.

10. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Send the guy an email and I bet he will be more then helpful to provide the logo(s) that you need in JPG format.

Draft saved Draft deleted