1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web site routine?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TyWebb, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

When I get up, I always hit the same routine of Web sites: my competition's, the major metro, USSportspages.com, ESPN.com, SI.com and, of course, SportsJournalists.com.

What Web sites are must reads when you get up?

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Usually goes some form of ESPN.com, my fantasy teams, my e-mail, my site, my competition's, and then other local papers before getting into the day's work.

3. spud

spud Member

My team's message boards have become, just about, my sole subsistence on in the internets these days.

Email, message boards, ESPN.com, rinse & repeat.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Chicagosports.com (The Trib's Web site), Suntimes.com, ESPN.com, CNNSI.com and SportsJournalists.com. And every Wednesday I read The Onion online. That's my routine.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

E-mail, Yahoo.com, my.yahoo.com (for fantasy boards), SportsJournalists.com.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Work e-mail, personal e-mail, SportsJournalists.com, fantasy team, ESPN, SI. Competition are both afternoons, so check those when I get to work.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Personal e-mail, fantasy sports, work e-mail, my paper, competition, former paper, SportsJournalists.com ... then a shower.

8. Work email. Yahoo! email. I'm on the NY Times mailing list so I click on that, then work website, work email again and then glance at SportsJournalists.com.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

personal e-mail, cnn.com, espn.com, SportsJournalists.com, some Springsteen lists I'm on, my paper's Web site.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Drudge (always first)
    Two Web comics, PVPonline and Unshelved
    Instapundit
    Powerlineblog
    ESPN
    CNN
    my personal e-mails in there somewhere
    then SJ
    and then maybe Slate

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Work e-mail
    Paper's Web site
    ESPN.com
    Rivals.com
    Facebook (I know, I know)
    SportsJournalists.com
    Personal e-mail
    Area PREPS message board (that's completely out of control)

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Ha ha. I love self-awareness.

This is SO true.

Draft saved Draft deleted