1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weather Channel graphics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Oct 24, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I hate the sounds when I have to pee.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

They need a CD with some of the rock instrumental stuff - Moby, Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, etc.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Aren't we though?

Actually, I only cruise by TWC every now and gain, except when the Gulf's looking a little iffy or when there is what local broadcasters call an ARCTIC! BLAST! headed this way.

4. i'm a weather channel junkie. for some god forsaken reason, we still get the early 90s style graphics for "local on the eights." every other cable system in the nation went to the new graphics around 1999/2000, it seems. but even with the old graphics, we still get some kick ass tunes: let it rain, cocaine, some allmans, and once in a while you are startled because you hear some kick ass techno in the background.

i was thinking about this last night: stephanie abrams gets all the attention (and rightly so), but sharon resultan is by far my favorite WC babe and a smoking hot one at that. at first i didn't think she was anything special. shit, until the past few years, i never watched the 1-4am weather channel shift. she seemed plain and didn't really do anything for me.

but something clicked. maybe it's because we have something in common in that we both work piss poor hours. :) but i guess i just noticed that she is a consumate professional who's not afraid to laugh at herself when she slips up on the air and she is arguably the sharpest dresser on the staff. she is hot hot hot. best weatherwoman in the business.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Resultan's been discussed here before. Someone from the board saw her out in public, and he thinks the camera somehow improves her. She was a real letdown, if I recall what was said correctly.

Draft saved Draft deleted