1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wearing team apparel on the job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Perhaps it's different for broadcasters, but was watching the Minnesota-Illinois men's hoops game on the Big Ten Network, and the lead announcer was sporting a bright orange Illini T-shirt. It was an albatross. Very distracting, much like when Digger Phelps calls a Notre Dame game and takes part in some type of pregame ceremony.

Thoughts? Different standards for broadcasters? I wouldn't think so. If nothing else, the Illini broadcaster looked like a schlep.

2. micke77

micke77 Member

Spikedequet....PA announcer, high-fives players, etc.?
    I am getting sick.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't know.

4. jps

jps Active Member

5. jps

jps Active Member

actually, did see a photog of some sort sporting his denver broncos super bowl champion letterman's jacket at the state wrestling meet over the weekend. cracked me up. dude didn't need any help in the "looking like a tool" department as it was.

6. micke77

micke77 Member

and the NASCAR guys whose jackets have logos stretching from here to Brazil.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I thought the only people allowed to take pics that close to the mat were the parents who somehow snagged a press pass. Seems to be the only ones I run into at wrestling meets. It's great when they start "helping" the athlete by "coaching".

Draft saved Draft deleted