1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Southern racists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCbamr, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He was referring to the general election.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Exactly. There's no trend. Remember.... we're talking about the Democrats.

In November when it's Obama vs. McCain, and the entire South goes red, then we can have this discussion.

3. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Oh, well, if it's only been four decades. I mean, all those white Republican Southerners back then lynching blacks. Pardon me? They were what? Weren't Republican? Hmmm? You mean, those guys under the robes were....gaassppp!!!!. Oh, my!
    And the guys who came down from the North, you say? They were what? Oh, my goodness!

4. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I can't speak for the rest of Massachusetts but in my county, which is 95% white, Obama won 1/3 of the 30-something towns and he's only trailing by 3-4 thousand votes. Surprisingly, the wealthier towns are actually leaning towards Obama. Clinton is only winning because of the more populated/poorer towns (I wouldn't call them cities).

5. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I think 40 years ago, by the way (and maybe I'm just spitballing here) is the last time you didn't change the subject when you were wrong.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're not handling this sarcasm thing with the appropriate sense of whimsy there, bammr.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a born-and-bred Southerner ... MCbamr, STFU.

You're embarrassing the entire region.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Whimsy has no voice in the New South.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I have to say I absolutely LOVE liberal guilt (a.k.a. the basis of the existence of many of you). Reality is pretty cool, too. Sleep well tonight, kids!

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Is this a new front in the War of Southern Passive-Aggression I've heard so much about?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can anybody really be this stupid?

12. Actually, most of them were Democrats. But carry on with History As Handball 101.
    It's fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted