1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We should all go in together on a wedding gift for Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Back to beating off to the Beatles.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Raiders likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's pretty sick. What a cuckoo. The sad thing is some people would have paid money to see the psycho homicidal prune.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Proof that there are people out there, in the general population, mind you, that are more fucked up than Charles Manson. Let that settle in for a minute.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I was too young to remember the murders. I was aware sort of peripherally (holy shit, I spelled that last word correctly on the first try!) about them because of the movie Helter Skelter, which my parents would not let me watch when it came on TV in 1976.

I watched a few episodes of "Aquarius" when it was on TV a couple of years ago, and I wonder how much they got right about Manson's growing influence in the lead up to the murders. The way the show presented it, he scared the shit out of the flower child men he came in contact with (the show also had him played as a bisexual) because he was as liable to invite you in to drink and smoke with him as he was to stick a knife in your eye.

Anyway, Manson's always been a bit fascinating just because he's so crazy. Hell, he makes the current Oval Office holder seem sane in comparison.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to know how hospital personnel feel when treating someone like Manson -- having to treat someone like Manson.

They may say all the right things. But I'm not sure much of it would be true.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that movie ... even the promos for it scared the shit out of my junior-high self. Conversation at school was dominated by the previous night’s episode, but I managed to credibly pretend I’d watched.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no earthly idea what purpose Manson's life has had. Maybe hostage negotiators mention him when trying to get some psychopath to surrender peacefully. "Hey, you could be the next Manson - look at all the chicks he gets! Think about all the movies about him!" Other than that, I have no idea.
    He has been such a waste of cells, tax dollars, and time.

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've eased on my death penalty stance over the years, but the fact he has lived almost a half century longer than the people he had killed is disturbing to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted