1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We should all be so unsexy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I totally think it's a newer phenomenon. In the good ole days men talked about getting laid, their golf games, football, etc. Not the length of SJP's face. Or what she wore. Or her hair.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A post so nice you had to make it twice? And it's Sex AND The City.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oops. This thing locked on me while I tried to post and wasn't sure it went up.

Whatever it is, I'm glad my wife got it out of her system. I found the show lame, but again maybe that was the editing for syndication.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You don't want to know what guys really talk about when they're alone. (Just like we don't want to know what women really talk about when they're alone.) But no one is talking about golf on the golf course, not 50 years ago, not today.

5. playthrough

Really? I come home from golf with the boys and the wife is baffled when I didn't find out anything about someone's new baby/job/house, etc. "What do you people talk about for four hours?" she says. I tell her we honestly talk about golf and sports and stupid crap we did 10 years ago, and that's it. If there's a cute cart girl, that might get two minutes of lowbrow chat. Then it's right back to our shitty golf games.

I don't tee it up at the country club, but I think country-club chats are massively overrated. If you watched the proceedings via secret camera you'd be bored to tears.

6. Clever username

I weep for you.

But at least you're not talking about someone's new baby/car/house. That would be far, far worse.

7. playthrough

Wasted tears, my man. I'm old and married with kids. The ship of debauchery is long at sea.

Sigh.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Her facial features are a tad too sharp, IMO. I've just never understood her appeal.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Luggie,
    Check out this vid and let me know what you think.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/home_films_evolution_v2.swf

It might answer the question as to why our concept is beauty is a wee bit distorted these days.

10. Clever username

Sarah Jessica Parker just needs to eat a sandwich or two. She'd look better with more meat on her bones, as 99 percent of women do.

11. My dimestore psychology is that she works out so much -- and has a nice body -- because she's insecure about her looks, which explains why she was "hurt."

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nah, it sucked on HBO, too. I made it through about half of season one because Mrs. OOP loved it. That was it. I heard that annoying music start and I was out of the room.

Draft saved Draft deleted